When ordering XRF standards please remember:
1. Calibration standards come in two formats: Plated and Foil standards
- Plated Standards: although more resilient are less versatile, as they are plated directly onto the base material. Some plated standards might also be susceptible to migration over time depending on he application.
- Foil standards are more delicate and are more easily damaged through rough handling. Foil standards although more delicate are more versatile as the base material can be interchanged. Foil standards, depending on the type of mount, can be stacked. Stacked standards make it possible to calibrate multilayer applications.
2. It is important to indicate the type of XRF system being used when ordering, as standards can be
mounted to different platforms. Also, a flat mount think film standard would allow stacking of standards
for a greater range of applications.
3. Another reason to indicate the XRF system used is because the algorithms might vary from system to
system (the Sn-Pb/Cu algorithm on a Veeco XRF is different than that of a Seiko SFT). This may mean the
same calibration for two different systems might require a different range or quantity of standards. (this is not necessarily the case with new EDXRF equipment using Fundamental Parameters calibration.
4. Foil Standard sets typically come with one base material. Alternate base material must be specified.
5. Standards can also be made from customer-supplied samples, referred to as: T.S.P.S. (Thickness Standards
Preparation Service), pricing available upon request.
mounted on a 1″ X 1.2″ metal frame. The measurement area is 0.19″(190mil) in diameter,
large enough for most collimated EDXRF measurement systems.The mounting includes
2 alignment pins, these same standards are used with our multiple standard sets:
XRF standard range table (Proportional counter & SSD systems vary greatly in measureable range)
Available as Single Layer Sets include Infinite and Base:
Multilayer Sets for Veeco XRF system Specifically, Special order Sets for all other Manufactured Equipment
Other Plated or Foil standards are available, if you can not find what you need on this list please contact us. Standards can also be made from customer supplied samples (TSPS Thickness Standards Preparation Service).
Other Base materials available: Cu, Al-1100, Al-2024, Al-3003, Alloy 42, Alloy 52, Brass, Cd, F@4-Epoxy, SS 304, Invar, Kovar, Ni, PBrnz, Pb, Sn Zn, Mo, Cu-clad Epoxy, Inconel 600, Monel
Base materials can also be made from customer supplied samples, contact us for more information
Custom Deposition Standards
We offer a range of Thin film custom deposition standards, we can also deposit these on most base material. Currently available custom material; Al, Ti, Cr, Ni, Cu, Zn, Ru, Pd, Ag, In, Sn, Ta, W & Au, Au-Ag Alloy and Ni-Cr Alloy Feel free to contact us for other material.
Thin Film Standards:
Pure Element Standards for Elemental Analysis EDXRF systems: Some EDXRF systems require the use of Pure elements as part of their calibration curve. We offer a full range of individual standards or as sets.